HMRC compensation for Tax-Free Childcare

Software trouble. HMRC’s Tax-Free Childcare (TFC) was launched in April 2017, but it has already run into trouble with its website which prevented some users gaining access to their TFC account.

Compensation. If you’ve been affected by the glitch you might be entitled to the government top-up payment which you would have received had you been able to access TFC. Specifically, you can make a claim if you:

  • were unable to complete your application for TFC
  • were unable to access your childcare account
  • have not received a decision on your eligibility for TFC, without explanation, for more than 20 days since application.

Make a claim. To claim compensation, send HMRC a brief description of the issues you’ve had, copies of receipts for payments to your childcare provider, your full name, address, NI number, bank name, account number and sort code to Childcare Service, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1GR.

If you have been unable to register for or log into your Tax-Free Childcare account and this has caused you to miss out on government top-up payments, you might be entitled to compensation. Make a claim by sending details of the problems you’ve experienced to HMRC.

© Indicator - FL Memo Ltd

Tel.: (01233) 653500 • Fax: (01233) 647100

Calgarth House, 39-41 Bank Street, Ashford, Kent TN23 1DQ

VAT GB 726 598 394 • Registered in England • Company Registration No. 3599719